We are getting ready for Christmas and it is going to be a fun one this year! The kids are excited. Nathan kind of gets what is happening. The Elf has been making his daily visits to the house. We finally got the tree up and decorated. We went with an 11' tree this year. It's huge! Nathan wanted the biggest one on the lot, but this one was perfect. It fits perfect in our spot and it smells beautiful. All the kid decorations are on the bottom two feet of the tree but that's ok. They loved helping decorate.
We didn't do our usual fall family picture this year. I wasn't real happy with the girl we used last year, and I planned on setting up the tripod and getting a shot of all of us, but it just never happened. I am going to have to schedule a family picture next year though. I feel like we need that annual "look at us this year" picture for the record books. Especially since I'm rarely in a picture. But for the christmas card, I wanted to get a shot of the kids by the tree in their christmas outfits. It was not an easy task to say the least. Nathan HATES getting his picture taken. He turns into a different child when I pull my camera out. So I got lots of pictures that will be future forms of embarrasement during the photo shoot. I will say I did get one that wasn't terrible. I won't post it here so you will get to see it for the first time on the card. But I will grace you with a few outtakes. I posted the best ones on fb, but here are a few more. It was so very frustrating, but now I can laugh about it. I find that I just take pictures through all forms of madness at our house. I'm hoping that later I can remember the madness by my photo documentation and laugh.













No comments:
Post a Comment