Friday, July 11, 2008

Daisy the new puppy

Well, as you know, we already have Coal, our 4 year old black lab and Maddie, our nearly 2 year old chocolate lab. We are dog lovers and an 8 week old yellow lab fell into our lap so yesterday we went and got her. I was a bit nervous taking on another puppy because of the first couple of weeks with house training, crate training and sleepless nights. Well, ironically so, last night Daisy slept all night in her crate and didn't mess in it. We never heard a peep. She slept right by Coal and Maddie. But our problem child was Paula Grace. I think we are nearing her first tooth because she woke herself up 3 times last night screaming and I had to go up there and rock her. I haven't had to do that since she was 3 months old probably. Still no tooth though, poor thing. And she got me up at 6am this morning. Ugh.

Paula Grace loves Daisy though. She just giggles at whatever she's doing. Paula Grace loves all dogs though, as you'll notice in some previous posts, namely the pictures with Divot. All in all, I think we've got a great addition to our large, diverse family.






2 comments:

Kathy Bush said...

Such an adorable pup!! God bless you with a 3 lab family. I would love to get a pup but I think Foster would pack his bags if we came home with a pup especially after Samuel.

KateA said...

Very Sweet! If it gets to be too much, let me know! my Dad had to put his yellow lab down last year and he is so sad. if Daisy gets to be too much, he would not be able to turn you down! Also, with my kids in NC, if Paula Grace gets to be too much, i KNOW he would take her! i showed my Mother your blog - she said Paula Grace is just as cute as Maggie and Mac! HUGE compliment from her! she never thinks anyone is as cute as her grandchildren! she also agrees that she looks just like Shane!