Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you remember last Thanksgiving you will remember that we had a disaster with a broken dryer.  Yes, I was probably a little more emotional about the broken dryer on account of the pregnancy hormones, but it was a problem nonetheless.  This year, we have another disaster.  This one on a much grander scale (in my opinion).  On the day before Thanksgiving when I am supposed to be cooking my feast for 2 1/2 we have a water leak and therefore no water.  All afternoon the dishes have been piling up and I'm growing increasingly worried that it will not be fixed in time for bathtime and subsequently bedtime.  I have a dirty house, a dirty child and no end in sight to the horrible existence that is without running water.  How did my great-grandparents live like this?  I guess its good that we don't have a bunch of people in town ready for a big meal.  It's only our Thanksgiving feast that may be ruined.  At least we have a ham and a caramel pie and a chocolate pie.  So if I can't fix anything else, at least we've got meat and dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: