We had no water for almost 24 hours. It was SO not fun! I had to take Paula Grace over to Shane's dad's house to take a bath last night and we of course went without showers and toilets for that long. It was the worst. Shane, his uncle Perry and his dad all worked very hard Wednesday afternoon into the evening to fix the water leak problem. They had the cars pointed into the hole in the ground for light until 9pm last night. Then we had to wait for the pipes to set before we could turn the water back on, which was on Thanksgiving day around 8am. It was not a fun time without water...I couldn't clean dishes, wash sticky hands, or use the bathrooms. Luckily it was all fixed in time for me to prepare a feast for Paula Grace's first Thanksgiving! Of course, she couldn't eat much of it since she only has 6 teeth, but she did eat some ham and some sweet potato casserole. We had a lovely day and we are so blessed and thankful to have a happy, healthy beautiful little girl to spend it with! (And I'm quite thankful for running water...) We spent the day playing, eating, putting up Christmas decorations and listening to Christmas music (I highly suggest Faith Hill's new christmas CD..."A Baby Changes Everything" makes me cry when I listen to it!)
Hope everyone else had a lovely day!

No comments:
Post a Comment