I have been a REALLY bad blogger! In my defense, September was incredibly nasty in Missoula. We had 42 days straight of no rain, which broke a record dating back to 1893. The lack of rain made the normal dry season pretty miserably dry, which means the fires burning in the national forests just kept burning and burning. This caused the smoke from the fires to travel to the Missoula and bitterroot valley and sit. And sit and sit and sit. There were days where we couldn't see a mile in front of us. The smoke was almost unbearable at times. But October came and some rain came at the beginning of the month and helped clear the air and eventually the fires have died out. What we are left with is a glorious October with gorgeous leaves, cool temperatures and lifted spirits due to the disappearance of the smoke. I have to say, the beautiful leaves have won me back. I absolutely love fall in Missoula.
 |
| Mount Sentinal from downtown Missoula |
I tried to take some fall pictures of the kids. "Tried" is the operative word. Paula is a wonderfully cooperative subject. Nathan, however, is another story. He literally was bent over screaming and convulsing at the sight of my camera. And the rest of the evening he just kept saying "me no like mommy take my pic." He is a funny dude.
 |
| Best shot of the two of them. Ugh. |
No comments:
Post a Comment