We spent the entire week at Big Sky Ski Resort last week. It was absolutely fantastic! Paula skied every day we were there, and so did I! She and Nathan went to the daycare/ski school (well, Nathan isn't using the potty regularly yet, so he was just in daycare). Paula went out from the daycare for a morning and/or afternoon lesson each day we were there, and by the end of the week, she was skiing like a pro! I took a half day lesson myself one day (it was my first lesson in 20 years!) and the instructor helped me with some things I could do to help her learn when I am with her. It was totally worth the lesson myself for that valuable information in itself. I felt like I could actually help her when she skied with me. By the end of the week I even took her on a blue run and she did fantastic! Shane was sick at the beginning of the week, and then hurt his back, so he didn't get to ski or snowboard this trip, unfortunately. We had a great week though and really love Big Sky!
These first few shots were taken by the photographer that was shooting on the blue run when we happened to be on it. It worked out perfectly to capture her skiing down her first blue! I skied right behind her the whole time she skied with me in case someone came flying by and didn't see her over a crest of the mountain. I was there to take the blow if that happened, but luckily we were there on an off week and it really didn't get that crowded until Friday.
The rest of these shots are pictures I took throughout the week on my iphone. It snowed the whole week and dumped close to three feet over the course of the week. I was skiing in major powder, at times up to my knees. It was absolutely glorious! Wednesday morning I'm pretty sure I was skiing with a permagrin behind my neck gator:)
 |
| Lone Peak from an adjacent mountain |
 |
| Paula on our first trip down the mountain together |
 |
| This was taken right before we went down the blue |
 |
| One morning my view of fresh tracks |
 |
| I finally was able to get up the Challenger lift and take some black runs up top. The weather was so rough the middle of the week the lift was shut down. |
 |
| View of the Spanish Peaks from one section of the resort |
 |
| Lone Peak on the morning we were packing up and leaving. I was sad to finally see a blue bird day and not get to ski. But I skied 5 days in a row, so my body is ready for a break! Notice the moon to the left of the peak. It was gorgeous this morning! |
3 comments:
I was just thinking if I ever skied with you and you took a video, you could sell it for major bucks. It would seriously be that funny. SERIOUSLY. I am THAT bad. It would suck for me, but you would get a huge kick out of it. I could probably kick your butt at basketball though, that makes me feel a little better.
What a beautiful view while skiing!
Post a Comment