Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nathan turns 3

We had a whirlwind weekend.  I celebrated 33 and Nathan turned 3.  It is so hard to believe that it was 3 years ago that I celebrated my 30th birthday extremely pregnant and ready to get induced the next day with our awesome little boy Nathan.  People told me time flies when you have kids, and boy does it ever!

Sunday was a fantastic birthday, with church in the morning, then I was able to have a lazy Sunday afternoon and even took a nap (which happens once a quarter, maybe:)  Then we had planned to go to our favorite restaurant for dinner and Shane surprised me by inviting our best friends too.  When we walked in I saw them, with their kids too, which made the evening even more fun!  We have been blessed with finding some really great friends here in Missoula, and our two best couple friends are a blessing for sure!  It is rare to find couples that we both get along with and share similar interests and values, and all our kids have a blast together too.

Then Monday we celebrated Nathan's birthday with an afternoon bowling party.  And by party, I really mean inviting some of our friends with kids our kids' ages and bowling and eating cake.  It was fun, but we were all reminded that Nathan is just 3, and while he is potty trained and not a baby anymore, he showed us that he can still act like a baby.  He threw a fit crying on the floor because he wanted to open his presents while everyone was still bowling, and then he was mad that his bowling ball wasn't blue.  Anyone who thinks the terrible 2's are bad, haven't lived through the 3's, which I like to call "the 2's with intent."  But he had a great birthday and I can't believe that we don't have babies anymore!













No comments: