Thursday, July 25, 2013
Flathead Lake
There is nothing quite like Montana in the summer. Once the beginning of July hits, the weather turns hot and sunny. It never rains (except for a random, unexpected summer thunderstorm that comes over the mountain and gives no warning). It has been gorgeous all of July and we have been playing golf (I just picked it up, and while I'm pretty awful, it's a fun activity to do with girlfriends and for date nights with Shane) and swimming in the pool at our nearby golf club. This week, however, our good friends spent a week at their family cabin up at Flathead Lake, and they invited us to join them. Shane couldn't make it, but I took the kids up for one night. I have driven past Flathead Lake to Glacier and have always been in awe of it. The sheer size (the largest lake west of the Mississippi...yes, even bigger than Lake Tahoe) and the sight of the soaring mountains that become Glacier NP on the east side of the lake is breathtaking. So I jumped at the chance to play in the lake and enjoy the scenery. I will say I am in LOVE! The scenery is breathtaking and the water is so clear you can see to the bottom, even out on the boat. It's simply amazing. The kids swam the entire time we were there. I couldn't stay in the water too long because, being fed by glaciers, the water is extremely cold, but they had no problem. It's nothing like the murky muddy bathwater of the lakes down south for sure! It just so happened that the one night we stayed there was a clear night and a full moon. It was simply amazing. We can't wait to go back and play there...hopefully again this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment