Wednesday, October 9, 2013

More soccer!



A new place opened up called Missoula Indoor and its for year round soccer.  We are thinking of getting Paula signed up for a weekly soccer "class" where they teach rules, skills, and have fun play with other kids her age.  She has been asking if she can keep playing soccer, and I don't want to burn her out, but at the same time, she loves it and she is good!  I get more frustrated watching her towards the end of the games because she starts goofing off on the field and not trying anymore...I have to remember she is just 5!  But we see such potential with her in this game and I want to make sure she stays interested and has fun learning and playing.  They have classes there for Nathan too, and right now, soccer is about the only "sport" he can play at 3 1/2 (even though, by skill, he is perfectly capable of playing with older kids).  We just have to tide him over until he can start playing tee ball.  He has been doing a hoopsters class, but unfortunately for his age group they do more silly games than they do actual basketball, which seriously annoys him.  So I'm not sure we'll keep doing that.  He stands on the court saying "I just want to shoot the ball" while the coach tells him to come run around in circles and chase people...

No comments: