Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What's happening at our house:

  • Paula is adjusting to kindergarten really well.  She is in both the advanced groups in reading and in math.  I helped in class this week and she loved having me there.  I actually stayed and had lunch with her as a treat.
  • Nathan is loving preschool too.  It is so fun watching him actually make friends in school.  He has always kind of done his own thing, and if someone was near him he would play with them, but he doesn't really seek out friends.  He is learning to make friends and actually play with other kids.  He is really improving his vocabulary and it is so much fun having conversations with him.  He makes me laugh on a daily basis.
  • Due to three days of preschool and Paula in kindergarten, Nathan has almost stopped taking naps.  He is taking one today because we made time for it, but generally, he goes without.  Which means there are evening meltdowns that make me long for bedtime.  We are managing, but it does make me miss the daily quiet time we used to have in the summer.
  • Winter is coming fairly soon.  We had a very hot summer, so the cooler temperatures have been a nice welcome.  And now we are watching it snow on the mountains and anticipating winter.  I booked us a condo in Big Sky during Christmas break, so we are looking forward to skiing!
  • I started working with a trainer from my old gym in TN (www.justingroce.com) and he has been helping me adjust my nutrition intake and sending me workouts.  In three months of working with him I've lost an additional 8 lbs (from my 20 lb loss since last summer) and have shaved inches off of my waist and other areas.  I'm getting comments everywhere I go, which feels good, but most of all, I finally feel like I'm figuring out what is needed for a consistently healthy lifestyle that is maintainable, and to be comfortable with myself.  The size 6 pants are just an added bonus.
  • It is hunting season, which is Shane's favorite time of the year.  He called a small bull in within 3 feet of him last week.  I wish I had been with him.  I am planning to practice shooting my rifle and going to get to hunting with him when rifle season starts in a few weeks.  I'm hoping this will be my year to get an elk.

No comments: