We got the tree up yesterday! We went to the tree lot we got one from last year and picked a fir the right height for the great room. I love having a real tree now! I never had one growing up, and even after college I always had a fake one. We got rid of our tree before the move out here and decided the first year to try a real one and I have to say it is wonderful. I love the smell and it is almost easier than a fake one, minus the lights and watering. Last year we got some different lights and Walmart was spot on when they started selling the lights on a round, wraparound holder. When I took them down I wound them back on the holder and packed in a christmas colored tub. I was bracing myself this year for needing more lights because strands weren't working but to my surprise, they all were in full working order. Hallelujah! The kids hounded me the whole time I was stringing lights though and was about to hurt someone. Shane put on a movie for them upstairs and they left me alone to finish. They just couldn't wait to put their ornaments on it. Now, the bottom half is full of ornaments and the top half is barren, but we will get all the balls on later today. I just love Christmastime!
No comments:
Post a Comment