Sunday, December 8, 2013

December Arctic Blast

We have been snowed in since Tuesday, literally!  It rained all day Sunday and Monday and then we woke up with 6 inches of snow.  Then the temp started dropping and we have barely made it above 0 since Wednesday.  Paula's school doesn't go outside if it's below 10 degrees (including wind chill) and she did not make it outside all day Thursday or Friday.  Friday's high was 1, Saturday 3 and today 3.  All the nights have been in the negative degrees, last night was the coldest and made it to -14.  I got the dogs some heated beds to go in their crates in the garage and they have been surprisingly warm in there.  The garage temp hasn't been below freezing, so they are good.  But they run out to go to the bathroom, eat and get water and run back in to their crates.  We are hoping to be back in the teens/20's by Tuesday and that will feel fantastic compared to these temps!  We are staying warm and are very thankful to have a warm home to live.  The shelters are at capacity and it really makes you realize how incredibly difficult this area was when it was being settled.  I don't know that I would have made a good pioneer woman back in the 1800's!  This is my first experience with negative temps and it is piercing!  We have never gotten this cold since we lived here, and they are saying it is a 40 year low.

Stay warm family and friends!


I tried to get an annual Christmas tree pic of the kids.  Of course, the outtakes are the best pictures.  Luckily I already had a family picture for our Christmas card from when we were in HHI this summer. I should have the cards out next week in the mail.  Enjoy!







No comments: