Yesterday Shane's brother, Derek and his wife, Nichi and baby Sydne were in town from West Virginia, so they came over and we grilled out hamburgers. Sydne was born January 9, 2007 and we have only seen her one other time, so it was definitely a treat. Then Shane's dad, step-mom and two little brothers, Luke (10) and Jake (6) came over, along with Shane's uncle, girlfriend, and their three kids Peyton (5), Sammie Rae (15 mo.) and Caleb (1 mo.). We had a full house of kids! I realized we have quite a bit of baby-proofing to do around here. Sammie kept wanting to stick her fingers in the electrical outlets and Jake and Peyton were on a rampage trying to find things to break. They are all so fun and no harm was done, but it just made me look around and realize how non-kid-friendly our house is. At least we have time to work on that, as Paula Grace won't exactly be crawling as soon as she's born.
I am so excited about the upcoming showers! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends to share in this exciting time, and am so excited for those who are flying in (Amanda and Christina!) along with other friends and family coming in from out of town to celebrate my belly! Paula Grace is so lucky to have so many people to love her! Christina did such a great job with the invites to the shower here in Nashville. I am SO looking forward to all the festivities!
We are definitely getting excited, and a little anxious. This week I am officially in the 3rd trimester, which is just crazy! In the first few weeks I found out I was pregnant, the whole process seemed to move so slowly. I counted down the days until my next appointment the first couple times. Now it seems to move so fast and I can't believe there's only 3 more months!
My belly this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment