Last Wednesday, Shane was able to feel Paula Grace move around for the first time. He was floored at how amazing it felt. I have been feeling her since I was about 16 weeks but the last couple weeks she's been getting stronger and stronger, so I was happy he was finally able to experience what I've been experiencing (though on a totally different scale, as he doesn't have to carry her around).
Went to see Dr. Lodge on Thursday. He is quite hilarious and am very blessed to know that he has delivered my cousin, Jennifer's babies and Natalie Helton's babies too. Since I always schedule my appointments at my previous appointments, this one had been scheduled for a month, and I just happened to be his first appointment on his first day at his new office. Of course, the inspector hadn't come yet, so when I get there he tells me he isn't technically supposed to be opened for business. Ordinarily, this would not be a big deal, but I had just drank the orange drink (glucose test for gestational diabetes) and was supposed to get the RH factor shot, not to mention I already took off of work that day, so rescheduling would be a pain. When I told him I already drank the juice he rushed me to patient room and informed me if the inspector showed up he may have to hide me in a closet. I ended up getting my regular checkup, everything looks good as usual, and they took my blood for the glucose test. It was definitely a crazy appointment. Next month I'm sure he'll have things together around there.
The room is coming together...so far Shane has painted the room, put the crib together and arranged the crib and dresser in the room. I have the bedding on the bed, and a few knicknacks in the room. I have bought some clothes, but I've been really holding back. It can become compulsive since infant girl clothes are adorable. I decided I'm going to stop buying clothes until after showers so I'll know what I absolutely need.
So far the pregnancy has been quite uneventful, which I am totally thankful for! I didn't get sick the first trimester and it's only been the last month or so that my belly has started poking out. I just hope the rest of the pregnancy can go this smoothly, and of course I want a smooth birth experience. I'll keep you posted on the weeks to come.
Crib and bedding
No comments:
Post a Comment