Sunday, October 14, 2007

Getting ready for the shower!

Just thought this picture was hilarious of Maddie and her tongue...



Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last few weeks...but I really haven't had a whole lot to say. I'm 31 weeks this week and can't believe it! I have started going to the doctor every two weeks for the "listen to the heartbeat, do you have any questions?" appointments. My mommie friends and pregnant friends understand that. I have decided that I think OBGYN's don't really want you to know a whole lot. Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Lodge and think he's fabulous, and it's an even bigger bonus that I know of four babies he's delivered of friends of mine, but, I asked him at my last appointment if he had any suggestions on birthing classes or anything, and he said that he didn't, and I told him I had been reading and he told me not to read too much. I mean, really, does he want me uninformed? Guess so.


This past week I have been going crazy more than usual. We had our basement tiled and so we had to move everything out, pull up the carpet, and the tile guy was coming about every day for nearly a week to get it done and everything is in total dissarray! Shane has assured me that things will be in order by next weekend for the shower. He has been pretty amazing, I must say. He puts up with my strange requests (such as the blatant request to give me flowers) and even met me at the pumpkin farm yesterday so that I could pick out pumpkins, gourds, hay bales and such to decorate the house. (see pictures below) His "honey-do" list has been getting longer, but I am sure he will have it done by next weekend.


So excited to have Amanda, Christina and Sarah in town this weekend! The last three times us Furman girls have gotten together it has been at one of our weddings, so it'll be so fun to have them here and to be able to spend time together. I'll be sure to post pictures from the shower for everyone to see next week. We have so many great friends and family coming in town...Shane's mom, Mama, aunt, cousin to name a few. So excited to see everyone.







My nursery chair came in...it is so comfy!



Pumpkins and mum from the Walden Pumpkin Farm








Here is a picture of part of the basement after the tile! It is going to be so much easier to clean up dog hair and keep the floor clean. It really looks good in Shane's man-cave!

No comments: