Monday, January 7, 2008

Crib sleeping

We actually took her out of the house into the public yesterday for the first time (other than the doctor visit). She did so great! We went to Publix to do some grocery shopping and she just sat in her seat in the store and slept the whole time. We may take her to dinner with us tomorrow since it's our 3 year anniversary.

We started a nightly routine this past weekend. I give her a bath around 7pm and then feed her and put her in her crib. The last two nights we had the best nights of sleeping we've had yet since she's been home. She slept in between every one of her feedings and even went 4 1/2 hours in between one feeding! I feel like a new person with 7 hours of sleep two nights in a row! I figured out that she likes sleeping on her side, but she can't stay like that, so the other day I picked up these wedges for her to sleep in between. Everytime I rocked her to sleep in my arms and sat her in the crib she never moved or made a peep. (She used to cry as soon as you set her down). I even had to go in there at one point to make sure she was breathing! I slept right across the hall from her room in the guest room, and left Shane in our bedroom to get a good night's sleep. Hopefully we can have more nights like that!

Here is a video of her laughing this morning..she also has the hiccups. She is always really alert in the morning time so I was able to catch some cooing...enjoy!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ang, that is adorable! She is so cute and it seems that you guys are doing really well.

Courtney said...

She is absolutely the cutest child EVER!!! But then again, I am VERY biased!