Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fat lip

So tonight Paula Grace and I were playing peek-a-boo and she was looking out the window of the french door and I was peeking around the corner making her laugh.  The next thing I know, she's lost her footing and went face first into the casing of the window on the door.  I've never heard her scream like that before, and I picked her up and realized there was blood on her face, clothes, floor, etc.  Scared me half to death!  I started crying and running her to the kitchen (and saying "mommy's so sorry" about a thousand times) to get in the light to see what her injury was and luckily it was only a cut on her top lip.  I was so afraid she had knocked one of her two teeth out or something else worse.  Once I got her cleaned up I rubbed ice on her lip and she was doing just fine.  She had a fat lip for a while but by the time she went to bed you couldn't tell anymore.  I know it won't be the last time she hurts herself, but I did not like it at all!  I felt like the worst mommy in the world, but Shane assured me I can't protect her from everything, and it won't be her last fat lip.



[caption id="attachment_593" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="I thought this picture was precious"]I thought this picture was precious[/caption]

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hey girl. So I checked your blog out! You are way better than me about blogging. I read blogs a lot more than I actually write! I will call you soon. Loved it!