Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We Hate Germs!

As I said in the earlier post at Iris' birthday, we left with a baby feeling bad.  We got home and Paula had a temperature of 100.  That night I checked her teeth to see if there were any teeth coming in and we didn't see any, but Sunday morning her top two eye teeth popped through.  I know they weren't there Saturday night, so I chalked the mild-grade temperature up to teething.  Her temp continued into early Monday morning and fluctuated between 99 and 101.  Never high enough to warrant a doctor call.  But even after the temperature lifted Monday, she has been extremely irritable and basically walking around the house aimlessly screaming at the top of her lungs.  I finally took her to the doctor yesterday and no ear infection and no strep throat, but her throat was red so they took blood and called me back late last night when the blood test came back and she has some kind of virus.  So we are still quarantined and all we can do for it is continue giving Motrin and wait for it to go away.  Yesterday I felt totally inadequate as a mother.  I told Shane I felt like the worst charade player ever.  At least now we know the problem.  I hate germs!  Nothing fun about being at home all day with a screaming, sad, sick child unable to really help her.  Ugh!

 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm sure you did everything a wonderful and loving mother should do!