Thursday, September 10, 2009

4 more weeks...

Today I went for my 16 week appointment at Dr. Lodge's office and convinced him to do a quick ultrasound to see if he could tell what the sex of the baby is.  Well, I guess our little baby isn't ready to show us because he/she stayed sideways in the only position we are unable to tell.  And the little baby didn't even budge with both Dr. Lodge and I poking at him/her.  So 4 more weeks of waiting.  It was nice to see the baby on the screen though.  I could see the profile and see how big he/she is getting!   I have been feeling the movement for several weeks and Shane was even able to feel kicks the other night.  He couldn't feel Paula until she was 22 weeks or so last time, so we were shocked.  The little bugger is strong!  And the heartbeat is right in the mid-140's, which means it could go either way!  Paula's heart-rate was in the 150's every time and they say babies with heart-rates in the 130's are usually boys.  Obviously not a foolproof way to determine sex, but I guess before ultrasounds that was one of the main detectors.  So we are totally unable to determine the sex at this point.  October 6 is the day we find out!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

She looks big in these pictures. Her hair is getting so long!