Monday, June 21, 2010

4 Month Statistics

Last week I had to be away from Nathan all day and he was draining me out in the milk department, so all day he had to have formula, and then he slept all night! I have since been supplementing some during the day and he's sleeping much better at night. I'm finally getting a full night's rest! Feels great! I am going to see if I can hang on to a few feedings a day and supplement the rest. It is kind of a defeated feeling, but I just have to feel good about nursing 4 months almost exclusively and let go of the bad feelings. He's a very healthy boy! I started trying to give him a little cereal and he's spitting most of it out so far, but he's getting a little. We'll just keep trying new things now!

A few things he likes right now:
  • Peek-a-boo! He laughs hysterically when you play with him. That sweet belly cackle laugh.
  • Still loves his pacifier
  • Rolls both directions and will roll and roll and roll until you move him back onto his activity gym
  • Started sleeping on his belly
  • Loves being naked and taking a bath
  • Sleeps in his cradle swing for every nap unless he's in the car...just won't nap in his bed well
  • Started grabbing his toys and holding onto them
  • Does not like to be alone. Wants to be held or at least someone sitting near him while he's playing
4 Month Stats:
Weight: 13 lb 9 oz (24%)
Length: 23 1/2 in (7%...WHOA! Someone's gonna be short!)

The doctor said he looks great and is within the healthy ranges for everything, but looks like he's gonna be a short boy! Hopefully he'll even out a little. She really did ask me if we have short genes in our families. I'm wondering if he got the Martin short genes...the men on the Martin side are all short with tiny feet. It's a bit of a family joke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joke as in Martin Short???