I'm hoping to add more to this blog and use it for what it is for...keeping people informed on our lives far across the country! Right now its snowing and we woke up to a nice little blanket of snow. It was just an inch or two, but I welcome it since other than the 20 inches we got a month ago, we have had very little snow. We are loving winter and it really hasn't been that cold either! There have only been a handful of nights that have gotten in the single digits. Really not much different than TN. (Except we do not get the random warm days). I am going to miss my usual attire, yoga pants, UGGS, beanie cap and under armor pullover, when it gets warm again. It's my favorite attire:) I think I have a couple more months of that anyway.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I turned 32!
Shane managed to pull off a surprise party for my birthday last weekend. I am still a little in shock. He is a terrible liar and usually cannot keep a secret for anything! He had my engagement ring for a whopping three days because it was eating him alive to ask me. I thought we were going to dinner as a family at this cute restaurant in Missoula. Instead we all got there and I thought I recognized a car in the parking lot but disregarded it, then I saw balloons in the upstairs windows of the restaurant as we were walking in (of course Nathan spotted them) and as we walked in the attendant said "Oh you are with the party upstairs." Shane replied "Thanks for killing it man." Too funny! He did such a great job with the planning! It was my "30+2" party since my 30th was spent waiting to give birth and last year Shane had a minor outpatient surgery the week of my birthday so I spent that birthday caring for him. This was about me and Nathan and so fun! Our friends Lucy, Curtis and their three kids (Curtis is our pastor) came, with a friend of mine Ann Cundy and her husband and baby (met them through my college roommate Dulaney's high school friend Carrie who went to college with her...if you can follow that one) and our friends Jess and Ryan, and last but not least my friend Becky, her boyfriend and her sister (and Jess's good friend) Katie. It was great having Lucy and Curtis's kids there because that occupied the kids and we had the upstairs to ourselves so they could run around and play. It was such a fun night full of yummy food and great wine and good conversation. It was a fabulous birthday! Of course, I left my camera though and didn't even manage to take any pictures with my phone so I'm pictureless but its worth sharing anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment