Friday, April 27, 2012

Parent help day at school

I had my last parent help day at school a couple weeks ago.  One of the things I was really worried about when we were moving was finding a preschool as great as the one Paula and Nathan went to at our church in TN.  I will say that while I have been unable to find anything for Nathan at his age, I am THRILLED with her preschool here in Missoula.  It is a parent co-op and while at first I was a little irritated that I had to parent help one day every couple months, I have truly enjoyed being able to interact with the kids in the class and see how her day goes at school.  Shane even helped one of the days and enjoyed it too!  She has learned so much this year!  And because the school is a parent co-op, it forces the parents to get to know each other and I have made some great friends that way!  Paula has made some great friends too, and though we still talk about and miss her old school (mostly her bestie Lauren), I know she is doing great here.  I took some pictures of the class on my last day I thought I'd share.  We were hand painting flowers, which was a messy but fun project:)


Circle time songs 

Mariel cracked me up this day.  She was dressed like a little diva with skinny jeans, ballet flats and a scarf:) 


Sweet girl:) 


Paula doing show-and-tell with Miss Edie.  Edie's face makes me laugh...one of the boys is talking nonsense in the circle. 


This is Ryland painting.  Ryland was born in Houston and her parents are from Houston.  Erin (her mom) and I had the same experience when we first ate at the local mexican restaurant...crying over our shared love and loss of mexican food in Montana.



Silly girl on the playground 



We take playdough very seriously

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Cute!! Her teacher's face is pretty funny!!