Paula Grace is 2 weeks old and time has flown by since she has arrived! It has been a crazy two weeks with Christmas and family in town and friends coming to visit, but has been so wonderful! I am finally starting to feel like myself again. Between the postpartum recovery (never imagined all that my body would have to go through after the birth...) and the lack of sleep, it has been a rough couple weeks but so worth it! She is starting to give us a few small smiles here and there (my books say gas is responsible, but I like to think she's genuinely smiling). She is also trying to hold her head up, though she doesn't have much control over it. She is even able to roll from her back to her side, which I didn't believe at first when she did it on the bed, so I had to put her on the floor to make sure it wasn't just the angle of the bed, and she did it on the floor. She is absolutely amazing and so much fun.
I think I'm ready to get out of the house though...haven't left the house except for the doctor's appointment in 2 weeks. Thank goodness Shane's mom is coming today to spend a week...she is so great for coming to help and spend time with Paula Grace. Shane and I have survived the first two weeks by ourselves, so we're looking forward to having a little help. Paula Grace is finally starting to know the difference between day and night, sort of. We've had about 5 hours of sleep the past three nights (of course, that's not all at once), so we're starting to get on a schedule.
I thought this picture was adorable! She loves sleeping on her daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment