
A friend of mine recommended this book to me months ago and I should have listened. Hey, better late than never though! Shane picked it up yesterday and I immediately put the info to use last night and we had our best night yet in the big girl bed! Over the last week its been a huge battle. She wants me to sleep in the bed with her and I've been giving in and laying with her until she falls asleep, but she's been waking up all night long multiple times (one night it was at least 6 times), asking for her cup, wanting to play with the toys in the hallway upstairs, etc. And I've been threatening her with taking toys away, threatening to put her back in the baby bed...virtually anything I think will be a deterrent for getting out of bed, to no avail. So last night we put a gate at her doorway so she lost the freedom of leaving her room to go to the toys in the hallway or the top of the stairs and we battled it out from 8-9pm when she finally gave in to sleep without me in the bed. Shane wasn't sold at first and asked me about 8:45 "what does the book say will happen" and I responded, "she'll give up eventually." He said "what if she doesn't." And I said "I don't know, it just says she will." I wasn't sure what would happen, but she gave up! It was a tough hour but worth it because she slept until 3 when I went upstairs, put her back in bed, talked very little to her, rubbed her back for a minute and left the room. She went right back to sleep on her own and woke at 7. Lets hope it continues! I am definitely recommending this book to all my mommy friends...it has info on babies and toddlers for nighttime and naptime (which is our next battle...I've just been napping with her).
2 comments:
I am going to have to check this out when she moves on to her big girl bed. Thanks for the tip!
I think I am going to try this with Mac. I haven't even tried to put him in a Big Boy Bed yet. He went through some strange 'I'm crawling out of my crib' thing and I have rocked him to sleep every night for 6 months! SO tired of doing it!!
Thanks for the heads up on the book! More luck to you and Shane!
Post a Comment