Rena was heading to West TN to visit her grandkids yesterday and I told her the rain was coming through and it was bad, so if she needed to stop here she could. Well, sure enough she ended up at our house, and I'm very glad! It is also nice to have someone else to soak up the extra energy around here. PG was delighted to see Nanny and have a playmate for a couple days!
West of Nashville is just completely under water everywhere. I-40 is shut down since yesterday, I believe, in various places. I-24 between our house and Nashville had 70 cars stranded because it was completely under water yesterday. I'm talking 18 wheelers with water up to the cabs. Rena had to get through ankle deep water on our driveway but it is now impassable because of all the water. Glad we have food in the freezer! It is supposed to stop this evening, but it is still coming down and making for a major mess. There are parts of Middle TN that have gotten 14 inches in 36 hours. We have gotten at least 8 I think. I need to get a rain gauge I guess. Nothing near the house though, so we are safe. Just staying in until it recedes.
This is the driveway. I didn't drive any further bc I would have to back all the way back home, but just over where you can see the water crossing the road it is flowing freely right down the whole road. I'm sure its several feet deep.
2 comments:
WOW!!! I didn't have anything to take pics of around here. It was crazy though. Grace said to me Saturday night that God must be drying his clothes. I said what are you talking about and she motioned, you know, wringing His clothes out! She is crazy and I don't know where she gets some of this. I can only imagine what it will be like next year when she goes back to school!!! HA
Glad you guys are okay! I wondered about you, but figured if it was bad A) you are smart enough to know when to get out and B) you would let people KNOW that you got out!! I am in shock at the devastation I am seeing on the news websites and from personal friends pics of their own houses and neighborhoods! This makes me a little glad i am not there to witness and/or deal, but makes me miss home even more, as I really want to help!
Post a Comment