I went to my second training run this morning and it was COLD! My car said 19 degrees and I'm sure that was right. I layered properly and wore my hat and I already lost one of my new gloves so I had to wear a pair of Shane's camo gloves, but they worked! We did 8 miles and I did really well. I finished it in an hour and a half (I didn't have on my watch so I'm not sure exact time, but I know that was about right). I am sure I will be doing well for the race in 14 weeks. I am hoping for a PR in this half...I've done two other halves and have not felt like I trained well enough for them so I'm trying really hard to stay on track and am hoping to be under 2:30 for the race. Yeah, I'm not fast, but I'll finish and I'll be running!
We've decided to match all of the donations I get, so if you donate $25, its really like donating $50! This organization is so close to my heart. I know that if mom had not gotten sick until ten years later she would still be with us. Team in Training plays a HUGE part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's fundraising and because of the funds raised by TNT there has been amazing advancements in the treatment and care of patients. Thousands of lives have been saved and will be saved in the future because of their wonderful work. I am so very happy to be a part of it! Thanks for everyone's support!
No comments:
Post a Comment