Monday, July 25, 2011

Things I miss

Tomorrow we will have been in Montana for one month. I cannot tell you how much we love it here. If our house could get finished (railings are going up this week and finishing up the floors but the kitchen cabinets are not in yet so that is the major hold up right now) we would be happier, but we are managing and the kids are resilient. It would just be nice to start to get fully settled and start working hard on our business plans. In the meantime we are waiting and being as patient as we can. Things are looking great though! I will say the weather here is truly perfect summer weather. Cool nights and hot days (but not sweltering). There are a few things I miss from our life in TN (lots of people, but I'm talking things). Here is my most missed list in no specific order:

1. Sonic! Not the food, but we loved half priced happy hour drinks, especially on a hot day. There is no good place to drive up and get a good strawberry lemonade or cherry limeade to quench the thirst. I'm really missing that!

2. Mexican food!!! There are no Mexicans here and no good Mexican food that I've found yet. For a southern transplant who's from Texas that is no bueno.

3. Chickfila is also a big miss. The indoor play area and yummy (somewhat) healthy fast food is missed too.

4. Good shopping. I miss The Avenue in Murfreesboro so much! Carter's especially. There is a mall here and it's decent, but just not as good as middle TN.

Other than these things Missoula measures up to all the other city amenities we are used to. Great restaurants (we found good sushi) and there is plenty of other things unique to this place that counter acts these "misses" but I find myself ready to chow down on some Mexican food and hit up sonic next month when we are in town!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Those are things, definitely! But, I miss you too. Still out of town but will call you soon!