Saturday, September 6, 2008

Longview, TX

I grew up in Longview, TX.  I lived there from 3 months to 11 years and still visit from time to time.  My brother, who is 12 years older, graduated from Longview High.  One of his buddies from Longview High is none other than Matthew McConaughey.  Matthew graduated a year behind my brother, but they ran around together all that time.  My brother tells hilarious stories of Matthew and him taking tennis lessons and swimming at the club afterwards when they were 12ish years old and Matthew's nerdy swim cap he wore bc he had some ear problem and my brother was humiliated every day bc of it.  (Matthew's excuse was that his mother said he had to).  And also stories of rolling (TPing for some of you) houses and Matthew freaking out that they would get caught and crying about not telling his mother.  It's all quite funny, but that's not the point.


My point of this post is that my brother was invited to his movie premier for Surfer Dude in Austin this past week and he went and they partied like crazy HS buddies along with the other guys they ran around with.  He told me he was going, so I told him he had to get a picture with him.  I'm telling you guys, I am not capable of photoshopping pictures.  I kid you not, this is the picture that my sister-in-law took of them.  It was taken at about 5am that night (or morning).




 

Seriously, Matthew is playing the bongos.  Not joking.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I vote (that in like 20 years or so) your bro sets PG up with Levi.....