Friday, September 12, 2008

Messy eater!

We are going through a little eating phase.  All of a sudden this week she doesn't want to eat pureed foods.  I got so frustrated with grabbing the spoon, throwing her head into the high chair tray, and throwing her head sideways in effor to get as far away from the spoon as possible.  So, tonight we tried some pureed sweet potatoes and then after that was a no-go we went for something new:  cut up (in tiny pieces so as not to choke) watermelon, mango and steamed broccoli.  Overall, it was somewhat of a success.  She enjoyed playing with it and occasionally bringing pieces to her mouth, but most of it ended up in the chair, on her clothes and in her hair.  Hey, no problem as long as she's happy and eating something.  Here are some fun photos of the madness.




2 comments:

heather said...

I can relate to the grabbing of the spoon. It was cute for about a second! Have you tried peas? ...Sammy thinks they're yummy. Was there any choking on the broccoli? I think maybe we'll try that!

Cherie said...

Ha! Something to look forward to...;). good luck with that! :) I'm glad I get to learn from your experience. Swooh, Thank goodness