Saturday, March 27, 2010

Birth control for my child-less friends

If you were chuckling about my post yesterday, this will most likely keep you from having kids for a while. I am in tears this morning (at 5am) over this. Here is a timeline of our night.

8:00 pm I brush Paula's teeth and read books and she goes to bed.
8:30 pm I bathe and feed Nathan, swaddle him and put him down next to my bed. He goes down easy.
9:00 pm I clean up the kitchen, pick up toys, etc.
9:30 pm I go to bed
12:30 am I am awakened by "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY" so I go up, put her back in bed and tell her its the middle of the night and she needs to sleep (this is not super abnormal...happens once in a while, but usually one time in the night and she's back asleep until morning)
12:45 am No such luck...Repeat of the last one
1:00 am Nathan wakes to eat
1:05 am Repeat of my 12:30 am post, but Shane goes to her this time since I'm feeding Nathan
1:15 am He is back in there again
1:45 am Nathan goes down
2:00 am Paula is up again. This time I decide to lay with her in her bed (bad habit, but when you aren't getting sleep you do what you need to do)
From 2 am to 4 am I am rolling over telling her to go to sleep. We fall asleep sometime around 4 am.
5:00 am Shane comes and gets me because Nathan needs to eat. Paula wakes when I try to sneak out of her bed, and I can't get her to lay back down. So she is downstairs with me while I feed Nathan.
5:45 am Nathan is finished eating and I try to lay him down. However, each time I swaddle and rock him he is awakened by Paula talking very loudly and me telling her to SHHHHH
6:15 am As I am writing this post I have swaddled and rocked him 4 times and he is still awake.

Oh, and Nathan is colicy, so if he doesn't go back to sleep, my day is going to be exponentially worse than if I was just tired from a lack of sleep.

Yes, this was our night. Worst night so far, and not the fault of Nathan. Oh what a long day today will be.

5 comments:

Kate Andrews said...

Hang in there! It DOES get better...at some point! The light will be dim at eh end of the tunnel for a while, but you are a good Mamma, so you will persevere. Some times you do just have to laugh as you cry at the same time, though!!

auntie amanda said...

I'm exhausted just reading this.

Cole Michael Lindstedt said...

I have one..you are preventing me from the second! I wish we lived close to each other and could at least hang out. I would love to take Paula and play with her! MOVE HERE..haha!
xoxo...will be thinking of you!

Heather said...

Oh my. When do you sleep?! Keep it up super mom:)

Dulaney said...

Exact reasons I am not ready for that....yet. I'll enjoy my 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for now. :)