Sunday, March 28, 2010

My growing little boy


I thought I would give you an update on Nathan and what he is doing these days.

  • He is starting to show more personality. He has been making "coos" and other baby attempts at talking, instead of just the normal newborn grunting and heavy breathing (oh, and crying!)
  • I have seen a few smiles, but not many and they are very small but I catch them. I can't wait until he starts smiling more often and for a reason.
  • He rolled over. Yes, you read that right! I couldn't believe my eyes and thought, no way. First I had him on his belly for some tummy time on his activity gym, and looked over and he was on his back. PG was near him, so I thought maybe she did that to him, but didn't think she would have because she knows better than to mess with him. So I put him back on his belly and he put one arm under his chest and kicked his leg over and he rolled over. I immediately called Shane's mom and she said Shane did that at 3 weeks (Shane also walked at 7 months). He has done it about 4 times, and he doesn't know what he's doing or how he did it, so I know it will be several months before its a normal occurrence.
  • He is still sleeping great! We are so blessed to have a baby that never had his days and nights mixed up. He is usually up twice a night (down by 9, up at 1ish and again at 4ish and then up at 7 for the day). That is a general timeline as I'm definitely feeding him on demand at night and in the day. Not concerned with a schedule right now, and know he will fit into one sometime soon.
  • Likes: loves a bath now (not so much a few weeks ago), eating, being held, the cradle swing, being swaddled
  • Hates: being alone on the floor or on his activity gym, having a dirty diaper, being naked (unless he's in the bath)

Crazy hair! It sticks up like this all the time! I have a feeling he'll need a haircut before his 1st birthday.


About to start crying


"OUT"
Future umpire like his daddy? We'll just have to see...

No comments: