Sunday, April 18, 2010

Update

We moved Nathan to his room a few nights ago and things have been going smoothly. The first night he woke up a lot more than normal (3 times!) but then the next he only woke once and last night twice. He is kind of a sporatic sleeper...I never know when he'll wake, but usually the first time isn't until at least 1am. We were ready to get him out of our room and he was starting to get woken up with Shane's alarm in the mornings and it is nice to have our room back to ourselves. I think he really loves his bed. His legs don't get scrunched up when he slides down the incline wedge. I was paranoid that he would wake her at night but that hasn't happened yet.

The terrible two's is in full effect here though! It is out of control at times. Just this morning she wanted me to play with this balloon she has, but I was feeding Nathan and couldn't and that sent her into a full on, throw herself on the floor, screaming at the top of her lungs fit! This happens daily and usually multiple times. I had to take the balloon away and put it up in my closet (bc she threw it at my head and at Nathan) and then I heard her in the closet and ran in there and she had pulled all my jewelry off the shelf in the closet trying to get to the balloon. Its never ending around here!

And now I'll share a funny story. Last night I walked out of the pantry to find her standing next to Nathan in his take-along swing and he was swinging extremely high (higher than the swing will go) and very fast and his eyes were wide open! I ran over and asked PG what happened and she said "Nathan go real fast!" She was so proud of herself! I guess she thought since she liked to go really high and fast in swings, he would too. It still makes me laugh when I picture him flying in the swing with his eyes open so wide.

No comments: