Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bring it on 2011

2010 was a year full of extreme highs and extreme lows. Some of the highs: Nathan was born, we made a life decision to move West, we vacationed in Hilton Head with both kids, and we were extremely blessed all around. The major low was Rena's death. It still haunts our family and I'm sure will continue to but hopefully in time we can all learn to accept it. Death is one of the hardest things to deal with in life, and an untimely accidental death is something I have never experienced. Within 8 days she went from here and in perfect health to gone. It was a week of extreme emotion and we are still feeling the effects at our home. We are moving on to 2011 and praying we have a wonderful year full of happiness. Some goals and/or plans for our 2011:

  1. I am calling 2010 "the year of no sleep." I have gotten very little sleep all year between a baby who continues at 10 months old to eat a bottle most nights in the middle of the night and a now 3 year old who all year long we battled night wakings and difficult bedtime protests and most recently she started coming to our bed in the middle of the night. So my hope for 2010 is MORE SLEEP! In order for me to achieve that goal I need some cooperative kids, so here's to them!
  2. We are planning to be in Montana by June 1, so that means the next few months are going to be consumed by me reorganizing our house to get it ready to show and to sell. Whew. That one makes me exhausted just thinking about it. Not looking forward to it but I'm about to start it next week!
  3. I am running Country Music Half Marathon with Team in Training in April and then gearing up for the Missoula Half Marathon in July. I ran the CM1/2M 7 years ago in 2004 with Team in Training and it was a wonderful experience. A friend of mine convinced me to do it again with her, and I figure it will be a great thing to do this last spring in Nashville. And I've invited several people out to Missoula to run the half there, so I need to keep up between April and July to accomplish that one. It will be hard with moving, but I think it is do-able.
  4. I want to host a large holiday at our house in Montana. Either Christmas or Thanksgiving next year so hopefully we will have a huge houseful of family (and friends...all are welcome!) to celebrate the holidays with cold weather and snow on the ground and a fire in the fireplace and skiing and sledding!
  5. I am reading the bible in 1 year with our church-wide Radical commitment. I started in October. I have, for the most part, kept up (I'm about a week behind right now...Numbers really got me). I want to continue with that and luckily our church puts their sermons out on iTunes as free podcasts, so even after we move and I'm not going to services I can download them and listen to Pastor Pat preach about our weekly readings.
  6. Some personal goals of mine are to lose 25 pounds (hopefully the two half marathons will assist me with that goal), become more organized (I hope moving and purging will assist that goal), and be a better housekeeper. I believe life is about never being content and always wanting to improve yourself so we'll just keep on with that life goal and those 3 specific areas in which I know I need improvement.
Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and here's to 2011!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

25 lbs is my goal too!!! I think we could both shoot for May 1 and accomplish that!!!

Laurie said...

oh yeah, but starting Saturday. I am making Hello Dolly bars for tomorrow night! HA

Erin said...

I think your goals are well-reasoned and doable! Go Angela!