Sunday, May 8, 2011
Happy Mother's Day
Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had. Harder than any job. Harder than college exams. Harder than anything. And it is absolutely the most fulfilling. Looking at my beautiful kids (and I know I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure they are actually beautiful and its not just my mommy goggles) I know I am blessed beyond measure. But I will be the first to say its not always a beautiful picture. I am not a perfect mom and some days I want to go check myself into the looney bin (I threaten often, and it is usually following bath time because for some ungodly reason Nathan HATES getting out of the bath and getting into his jammies. I'll never understand this issue and it is ridiculous). But they are great kids and some days I'm not sure how I've survived mommy-hood so far, and I know I'm on the early years of being a mom. Someone with a 3 month old asked me one time if parenting gets easier, when Nathan was 3 months and PG was about 2 1/2. I laughed in their face and said it gets harder but a different kind of hard. And at the time I thought they were crazy for thinking it would get easier. But I also found myself over the past year thinking, "when Nathan gets to be ___ age it'll be easier." And it hasn't gotten easier because now he can climb onto the kitchen table so when we want to eat we have to, and I'm not kidding, go outside and get the kitchen chairs off the patio to eat dinner. Someone once told me you never stop worrying about your kids. And this person's kids were grown. WOW! So it doesn't get easier and you keep worrying. Man, this parenting thing is not all its cracked up to be. It is some ugly stuff. Fully of poop filled diapers, sticky hands, lack of sleep, no sick-days for mommy, puke and all kinds of other messy stuff. Its not pretty. Yet I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And I have to remind myself that "this too shall pass" and when it does, it'll probably be harder on a different level. So Happy Mother's Day to me and all the other mom's out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment