At the risk of sounding annoyingly happy I'm going to post my top 5 most favorite things about our new town.
1. Everyone here is happy. And nice. And I don't mean they just say "hi". In our first day here officially as residents I had multiple conversations with people in the grocery store, park, market, etc. And they were all genuinely over the top nice. It's very refreshing.
2. There are parks everywhere. I was driving the kids from the house to the rental this evening and we just passed a park, stopped and played for a few minutes. They are everywhere!
3. The weather here is perfect! And it changes by the minute. But that's good because it doesn't stay raining for long. I like the cool nights and no humidity!
4. Everything is close. Even driving from east Missoula where the rental is to the complete opposite side of town where the house is doesn't take long, and we won't be doing that forever. I'm used to living where it takes 20 minutes to get anywhere and even if we lived closer in town than our last place you still have to fight traffic or go to the adjacent town to get errands done. It's nice to be in a small town where everything is close.
5. I fit in perfectly in my favorite outfit: jeans, life is good T-shirt, and chacos.
And I guess I'll be more annoying and post 7 instead of 5...
6. Everyone knows everyone. This I guess could be bad but so far it's worked as an advantage. We keep finding connections between people we've met here.
7. Everywhere I look is a beautiful view. Raging river, snowcapped mountain, or beautiful valley.
We are visiting First Baptist Church in the morning. Once again I found a connection. Turns out one of my high school friends, college friend is the wife of the pastor there. And they have two girls ages 3 and 4 and a boy 15 months. They are from Tennessee and went to Carson Newman college.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Top 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment