I am still waiting on Shane to get here with my computer so no pictures, but I thought I would update anyone that cares on our trip to Missoula. We made it yesterday flying and Shane flew back this morning to finish loading the U-Haul and drive here. We are staying at a rental for a few weeks while the floors are getting replaced and repaired in our house. The rental is on the opposite side of town from the house but it isn't too far. We will be going there daily to check on the dogs, who are staying outside in the backyard at the house. Today after we dropped Shane off at the airport we went back to the rental and let Nathan take a short nap and then we headed out to go "exploring", as I told Paula Grace. First we went to check on the dogs. We found the three of them curled up on the back deck together. Then we headed to downtown for the Saturday farmer's market. I heard it was good and I was thoroughly impressed. We didn't stay long because I forgot to grab the stroller and Nathan was about to make my arm fall off. Next weekend I will go prepared to pick up all kinds of local produce and some fresh Alaskan seafood. Then we went to the carousel and park. Nathan screamed the whole time on the carousel. Who knew that my crazy monkey boy would hate going round and round very fast with blaring music? The park was fun too but both kids were tired by this point so we headed back to the rental to grab lunch and take afternoon naps.
The best part (to me I'm sure) is that we did all these things in jeans and long sleeves and jackets and in 55 degree weather with not a drop of humidity. I do not have frizzy hair in Montana. It is a beautiful thing.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
First Day in Missoula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you all made it up there w/out any hitches. Sounds like a wonderful new adventure for your family! Can't wait to see photos!!! Oh, and I bet you don't have to endure cicadas anymore! About 5 flew in my hair today!!! Eeeeeeck!
I hate humidity too. Not because of my hair, but my makeup! HA!!! Now I know how to spell Missoula. I spelled it Mizzoula and Mizoula to a friend today! That's why I wrote MONTANA on my blog!
Glad to read that things seem to be starting out smoothly for you guys. Can't wait to read more about your Montana adventures:)!
Post a Comment