Sunday, May 1, 2011

I finished!



Thanks to all the support from friends and family I finished the Country Music Half Marathon yesterday with Team in Training! I had a personal best time even though I hit a big wall at mile 10 and my last three miles were slower than the rest. But I ran with Laurie the whole time and we crossed the finish line together. I really don't know if I'll do another one. In all three that I've done I have lost all desire to meet my goal time at about mile 10 because it just plain stinks. I start hurting, and yesterday it was hot and I was so dehydrated we looked down at our hands around mile 11 or 12 and they were swelling up! I think I may just try to get faster and do shorter runs for a while. But regardless I'm glad I did it again and so glad I was able to do it for a good cause and with some great people! Thanks to everyone support my total funds raised is $3045! GO TEAM!