Monday, February 16, 2009

Things I'm doing now

I thought I'd give everyone a little update on what Paula Grace is doing these days.  It seems like she has grown so much since her birthday!  It's pretty amazing to watch.  Every day I notice something new she can do or say and it keeps me on my toes.  They really are little sponges!

  • She loves watching BabyFirst TV.  It's a station that plays baby shows all day long...no commercials.  She has a favorite song that if she hears it from across the room, she'll run right over to the tv to watch it and dance and clap.  So funny!  They also teach numbers and colors and all sorts of things which is great!

  • She can tell you what her nose is!  This just amazed me.  The other day while Shane's mom was here she said something about her nose and Paula pointed right to it!

  • If I ask her to bring me her big pink ball she can!  I can ask her to bring me just about anything...toy, sippy cup, etc...and she knows what I asked and does it!

  • She LOVES to play outside.  She loves to just walk around the grass with the dogs and laughs at them.

  • She says "da da", "ma ma", "doh" (dog), "ba" (ball), "ni ni" (night night).  These are just a few of the words I can think of right now.

  • She really likes Lucky Charms...but just the marshmallows.  She'll eat cheerios, but not if she has marshmallows on her tray.  The only way to break that addiction is not to buy them, but they are Shane's cereal of choice.

  • She is made of fruit.  I think if you looked inside her all you would find is fruit.  She loves strawberries, blueberries, pears, peaches, cantelope, apples, pineapple, etc.  I try to get vegetables down her, but if its green its not going down easy.  At least she eats fruit.

  • She loves to eat beans (black, pinto, navy, great northern, etc.)  And cheese.  Grilled cheese is a favorite lunch item for us and also love cheese quesadillas.

  • She follows Shane around in the evenings when he's home.  She cannot stand to see him and then not see him.  If he ever comes home in the day and leaves again, she's in a foul mood the rest of the day.  And if he comes home and then goes in another room it's pathetic.  She loves her daddy!

  • She walks to the stairs at night when she's ready to go to bed and stands at the gate and looks at me and says "ni ni".  Too cute:)

  • She isn't too fond of pushing toys or riding on them.  I guess this will get more interesting, but right now, she walks alone.

  • She knows "no".  She knows when she hears it from Shane or me and she knows how to say it back.  If I give her juice and she doesn't want it, she shakes her head "no" and pushes it away.  It's so nice to be able to communicate with her so much better now.  I know what she wants and what she doesn't want, which is nice.  Not so nice to get "no" when it's something she has to do...like have her diaper changed.

  • Bathtime is hilarious.  She splashes and plays and sticks her face in the water.


That is just a few of the fun things she is doing now.  I thought I'd share with all the readers here, and also thought I better document this stuff for her too:)

img_2757

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That was a lot of fun to read!

Erica said...

Isn't it so much fun? I just love it when Tate reaches milestones or does something new...so much to look forward to!