Friday, February 6, 2009

Top 10 ways you know you live with a toddler

10.  You have to strategically plan trips out of the house around naptime.

9.  You have to mop and vacuum at least twice a week.  If you don't, there are hazards that end up in the mouth and food crusted to the floor under the high chair.

8.  You run your washing machine every day.

7.  You clean out a high chair 5 times a day and it never looks fully clean.

6.  Your hands are cracking because of all the dish washing you do.

5.  You no longer have control of the TV and Baby First channel is on all day long.

4.  Your house is a wreck most days...unless you are expecting company, and then it's only clean when they are here.

3.  Either the sound of laughter or crying is heard at all times.  Never quiet except naptime.

2.  You find yourself doing "babytalk" in public sometimes.

And the number one way you know you live with a toddler....drumroll...

1.  You find yourself daily looking for objects everywhere they don't belong because you routinely find baby shoes stuffed in adult shoes, cups stuffed in clothing drawers, and just this morning, you found the lid and bottle of lotion in the wash and realize your toddler put it in her dirty clothes basket and you didn't see it when you loaded the washer.

But after all the crazy happenings with a toddler, getting a smile, laugh, and watching them learn new things every day is such a blessing and worth all the craziness!!!

img_2607a

3 comments:

Becka Jones said...

So Cute

Kathy said...

I had to take a toy completely apart screwdriver in a all to rescue Brian's cell phone. I found my keys in that little drawer below the oven. I also found my keys in a bag that I haven't carried in months. I feel your pain, isn't it fun!

Imitating Mommy « The Alexander Family said...

[...] imitation of me putting lotion on my hands.  I put lotion on multiple times a day as referenced in this post and she must have picked up on it and now imitates me.  [...]