Went to the doctor again today, and I am 4cm dilated and 90-100% effaced and the baby is as low as he can be. So he is basically ready at any moment. Shane went with me to see my doctor so we could discuss the possibility of induction. I always said I didn't want to get induced, however, I am 39 weeks this week and my body is very ready. Last time I basically had an induction because when we went to the hospital my water was leaking, but not fully broken, so my doctor ruptured it and they gave me pitocin and I had her several hours later. Doctor Lodge suggested we go ahead and go today, but we just aren't ready to begin artificial labor, so we are giving him a couple more days. If I haven't gone into labor by Thursday morning, we are heading to the hospital for induction that morning. Dr. Lodge assures me that at the stage of labor I'm in, there is very little risk for c-section and I most likely will have a smooth, fast delivery. I plan to get an epidural again this time. I'm not super woman! My dad and Rena are here to keep Paula Grace and I just feel like scheduling induction at this point is the safest, most convenient way for us to approach labor. I will keep you posted. I figured out how to post blog postings from my phone, so hopefully I can post some pictures of Nathan and us at the hospital when he arrives!
Paula Grace is having a blast playing with Nanny this week, but we have major cabin fever from all the snow and spending time inside a lot waiting on Nathan to get here!
This is Paula's "time-out" corner, and she put her little dollhouse baby in it yesterday and told her to "mind". Guess she's learning!
2 comments:
Can't wait. Keep me posted!
Hope all goes well! Can't wait to see pics of little Nathan...
Post a Comment