Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We are still doing great. Nathan is a great baby! We are getting decent sleep for having a newborn! I hope he continues to do great. He is eating wonderfully. We are taking him Thursday for his 1 week checkup. Paula is doing really well with him...I just have to keep the balls and sharp toys away from her when she is near him. She doesn't really understand how fragile he is right now. She wanted to hold him yesterday, but she wanted to hold him AND carry him to put him in his swing. She didn't want to sit on the couch and hold him, so she didn't get to hold him at all. I tried to explain to her she had to sit, but she thinks she's big enough to walk around and carry him. Oh my!!! She is very helpful bringing me things for him, like his pacifier and blankets and I can ask her to get me things and she is so happy to help. She is going to do great!

My sweet friend, Laurie, brought over a diaper cake and came to meet Nathan yesterday. She was also so sweet to organize people to bring us food for this week and a few days next week. I can't tell you how much that is helpful to me! I am still having some pain and its hard for me to stand enough to cook, and also not to mention the time it takes to cook and care for two kids. Rena is still here and I don't know how I would survive right now without her, but its still been a juggling act. We'll get it all figured out soon and if I can just get the pain under control I think I'll be fine. I'm getting enough sleep, just the pain is the problem right now.

Adorable diaper cake from my sweet friend Laurie


Another view of the cake...full of diapers and baseball paraphernalia!


Paula's ponytail...she was so proud of her ponytail


Sweet boy sleeping


Paula had to have a tea party at breakfast...along with her toast and "jelly-e-a", banana, cereal and "fire fly" cup

No comments: