Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Update

Just thought I'd give a little update of what is going on at the Alexander household these days:

  1. I am progressing slowly to have this baby really soon. Last week Dr. Lodge said I'm 1-2 cm dilated and 60-70 % effaced, so we're moving along. I am feeling good, just pretty uncomfortable and not sleeping all that great. My feet swelled up and I have cankles, which happened last time about 37 weeks also. Hopefully he'll come really soon! We may be spending Valentine's day or my birthday in the hospital!
  2. We are prepared for the most part for the little man. I have the co-sleeper for our bedroom and his room has the necessities. Not really concerned that the walls aren't covered, because that isn't something that has to be done before he gets here. I have spent a lot of money at Carters over the last few weeks preparing his wardrobe. I just mainly purchased sleepers and gowns for the first 3 months, and a few outfits. Other than that, his closet is very sparse.
  3. Paula Grace has been extremely clingy to me over the last few weeks. She went through a stage where she did not want anyone else to change her diaper, brush her teeth, get her juice in her cup, etc. She has days where this is more prevalent than others. Yesterday she was really attached to Shane. She also has been clamming up when I drop her off at school lately and making me carry her in the church. She doesn't cry, just gets really shy, which is unlike her. Yesterday, however, she didn't do that. Who knows?! I'm sure it is just anxiety over the changes she can sense are happening.
  4. She talks nonstop! She repeats herself and asks the same questions over and over and over. Its quite funny, but does get old after about the 15th time a question is asked and answered. She is getting very clear in her words, and has gradually given up her "baby" words for some things. She still says "geigen" for water...not sure when that word will fizzle out of her vocabulary.
  5. She loves to work puzzles right now. She has several farm animal puzzles and alphabet puzzles and that seems to be the most favorite thing to do during the day.
  6. She can count pretty well. With a little help she can get to 15. She also knows her alphabet, but just not in order. She is extremely good with colors. Dora is still her favorite, but she has developed a new liking for Mickey Mouse and Olivia.
I will keep you posted on the little man! We are getting very excited about his arrival, but I am also very nervous about the sleepless nights and having a toddler. I know it will be fine, but still am just anxious about it all.

1 comment:

Becka & Phillip said...

I can't wait to see the Little guy!!..